Empire State Bank is committed to the protection of your financial and personal information. These days, however, fraud is prevalent and no one can be assured of being immune. These Security tips contain some helpful tips to help minimize your chances of becoming a victim.
Online Banking Security Tips
- Maintain your computer with latest anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware software and to scan your computer frequently
- Update your computer with latest security patches, such as operating system, Browsers, Flash Player, Java etc.
- Do not share user ID and Password with anyone and change your Password at regular intervals
- Avoid accessing your account from public places and public computer
- Avoid entering sensitive info in any pop-up window.
- Verify the website on the address bar of your internet browser beings with “https”; the letter ‘s’ at the end of the “https” means ‘secured’.
- Look for the padlock symbol either in the address bar or the status bar (mostly in the address bar) but not within the web page display area. Verify the security certificate by clicking on the padlock.
- The address bar has turned to green indicating that the site is secured with an SSL Certificate that meets the Extended Validation Standard.
- Review all your transactions and account statements.
Mobile Banking Security Tips
- Configure your device to require a pass code to gain access
- Do not disclose user ID, passwords, account/customer number etc. to others
- Keep your mobile device’s software up-to-date
- Avoid storing sensitive information
- Logout from mobile banking application after the transaction is over
- Deregister from mobile banking service immediately, if mobile is lost