Location: Brooklyn, NY
Empire State Bank seeks a Full-Time, Service Associate in Training to create a positive and friendly customer experience within our retail banking centers. In this role, you will develop and deepen customer relationships by understanding their needs and recommending products and services that benefit them. You will exhibit strong sales and service skills, open accounts, process transactions and present products and services while educating customers and assisting customers on utilizing Online Banking, Mobile Banking, ATMs and technology at service stations.
About Empire State Bank
Empire State Bank, member FDIC, is a community oriented bank, providing businesses and customers with a full range of products and services throughout New York. We provide customers with simple and convenient methods to manage their accounts. Our tagline, “We Take Your Business Personally” demonstrates our commitment and support to improving our communities. Find Empire State Bank on Facebook at www.esbna.com. Empire State Bank trades under the ticker symbol “ESBS”. To learn more, visit www.esbna.com/investorrelations.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree or equivalent specialized retail experience preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of customer service, sales, call center and/or cash handling experience. Prior retail experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; self-motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desire for sales achievement.
- Passion for customer service and helping people; superior customer relationship building skills.
- Comfortable with technology such as smartphones, tablets, online banking, remote deposit capture, ATMs, etc.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to function in a team environment, ability to interact with customers, team members, and vendors in a professional and personable manner.
- Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting and basic knowledge of features and benefits of bank products and services.
- Strong problem solving skills; detailed oriented and the ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Must be available to work a Flexible schedule Monday through Saturday.